Formed in 2001, NZM is an integrated sales, marketing and innovation company that continues to transform the wool industry. NZM’s model moves away from treating wool as a commodity and offers more sustainable solutions for the industry, promoting direct fibre supply contracts based on fair prices that both the grower supplier (farmers) and brand partners can work with.
NZM is an award-winning New Zealand success story. Through innovation and their brand stories they have transformed New Zealand merino into premium branded fibre and meat sought after by discerning customers globally.
NZM are on a mission to add to the team with smart go-getters who thrive on bringing great ideas to life in a dynamic, high energy team to create value for our grower suppliers and brand partners alike.
What is ZQrx?
ZQrx is a programme designed by NZM, that defines regenerative farming principles and how they apply to growers, and to our broader supply and brand partners businesses. This is implemented on farm by supporting growers to benchmark their business and accelerating small meaningful actions that have the power to solve big global challenges. ZQrx represents a journey of continuous improvement.
We need a superstar to:
- provide extension and support to growers and the NZM team in communicating and executing the ZQrx programme
- assist with research and development (R&D) activities associated with ZQrx programme
- undertake on farm assessments and projects to demonstrate ZQrx progress and performance
- provide input and assistance to the wider ZQrx team that brings to life the ZQrx vision for growers and brand partners alike
What skills, experiences and attitudes are needed:
- You will have a degree in environmental science, sustainable agriculture, or an associated field, and preferably 2 years proven experience within a similar role.
- You will have a deep knowledge of farming systems, land management, sustainability, and general farm management. Although not essential, a farming background would be desirable, and empathy with the farming community is a must.
- You will be a gifted science communicator, capable of distilling complex concepts to simple and compelling sound bites.
- To have the ‘X factor’ you will be solution focused, forward thinking and enjoy contributing to new ideas. Being organised and having an exceptional eye for detail will be one of your strengths.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate in this field, a real self-starter who enjoys variety within their work.
- You will thrive in a busy and dynamic environment that allows you to be part of a team, but also work independently.
- As this role will see you getting out on farms, a current drivers license is essential.
Phone: +64 3 335 0911